Elizabeth Terminal is from may 2017 minister in charge of Transport to the minister of State, minister for the ecological Transition and solidarity, Nicolas Hulot. It is part of the members of the government led by Édouard Philippe from civil society, who never had political mandate.
In a tweet, once the composition of the government made public, she said that she was “very proud to act in the service of the transport and of the ecological transition,” and concluded by a simple ” At work ! “.
For observers, however, this was not a surprise to see this polytechnique born in April 1961 to integrate the narrow circle of the ministers of the first government of the presidency Emmanuel Macron. Out of a short trip of less than a year in the private sector, within the Eiffage group, Elizabeth Merely made the most of his career in the governance of large entities of the public transport (SNCF and RATP) or in the cabinet where his expertise in the area of transportation were very early appreciated by the elected officials of the left (by Jack Lang, Lionel Jospin and Ségolène Royal).
– 2017 : Minister to the minister of State, minister for the ecological Transition, in charge of Transport.
– 2015 : the CEO of the Régie autonome des transports parisiens (RATP).
– 2013 : Préfète of the region of Poitou-Charentes.
– 2014 : Director of cabinet of the minister of Ecology.
– 2008 : Director-general of planning at the town hall of Paris.
– 2007 : Director of Concessions within the Eiffage group.
– 2002 : Director of Strategy at SNCF.
– 1997 : technical Advisor responsible for transport within the cabinet of the Prime minister.
– 1990 : Advisor to the minister of national Education.
– 1987 : senior civil servant at the ministry of Equipment and then to the regional Directorate of Equipment in Ile-de-France.
The major projects of his career
Heard in 2015 by the national Assembly before taking over the management of the RATP and its 55 000 agents, Elizabeth Bollard had indicated that it wants to make the board a reference in terms of sustainable mobility “. Like what the new minister will now implement in a more general way still a philosophy that strives to balance high-performance public transport and consistent with the requirements and standards related to sustainable development.
So far, she does not ignore the challenging financial context. “There is no mystery about the fact that the equations financial are complicated… But the financial constraint, it is also the opportunity of thinking about mobility,” said she, however, explained in mid-June, 2017 at salon Viva Technology. And to clarify, in MobiliCités : “It is important not to rely solely on the new infrastructure. There are needs on the existing networks and there is nothing worse than to forget about the interview… ”
Still cautious before the summer of 2017 on the contours accurate to its roadmap, Elizabeth Terminal will have to draw on his own experience to meet the challenges to come. His studies allowed him to be comfortable in the corridors of the high administration and ministerial cabinets, while doing its evidence of the “decision-maker” respected in the private or para-public.
Studies and awards
– 2016 : an Officer of the national Order of Merit.
– 2013 : Knight in the national Order of the Legion of Honor.
– 1985 : Graduate of the École polytechnique (class of 1981), of the École nationale des Ponts et Chaussées and the Collège des ingénieurs.